Saturday, October 27, 2012

Post 1: Begin Tbilisi

Sorry for the delay in getting the blog started.  I have been taking my time to get settled and get to know my school, my students, and my family.   I have to tell you I am happy here, and almost everyone I've met has been gracious and very helpful.  I am teaching in the capital of Georgia, a city called Tbilisi. I've decided to call my blog Tbilisi Curves, because one of the first things that stood out to me when I arrived in this city was the architecture.  I really enjoyed taking pictures, and on on-going theme I've noticed in the architecture and layout of Tbilisi is....well, a lot of curves! There are domes and cylinders and spheres and arches and brick roundabouts in the streets.  Oh, and also a giant circular plaza with a massive red rose painted on the stones. 

Here are just a couple things to know:

Kartuli is the name of the Georgian language.
Sakartvelo is the name of Georgia (in the Georgian language)

I will give each of my posts titles so that you can pick and choose what to read if you want to follow! So don't feel like you have to read everything.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment